Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Another try...

Well, the last attempt to get this blog rolling again sputtered and died.  Why?  I'm not totally sure, but I think part of it was I just wasn't feeling very inspired to write, and didn't feel like I had much to say about anything.  Has that changed?  Well, I think so, otherwise I wouldn't be trying to rev it up again.  Part of it is just having a bit more gumption, and part of it is feeling like I have some new things to write about and some potential for regular material to share on something like a schedule.  Not a fixed, rigid schedule, just a sense that I can find things to write about often enough to be interesting to me and any audience I might have.

By way of a preview, I'll throw out some topics I plan to post about as I go forward:

Bikes I own and ride, especially projects in the works or completed:


 A relatively recently developing interest of mine... old typewriters!  Yes, you read that right, typewriters:


Outdoor adventures, especially exploring one of my favorite parks in the US, the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal:


And of course, combined with  all of the above, my photography.

Stay tuned!  I'm feeling good about this, so we're off to a good start.  I hope you'll stick around.

Tim




4 comments:

K B Sanders said...

Glad to see you're back at it!

2whls3spds said...

If you get bored with typewriters there are always sewing machines!

I "accumulate" mechanical stuff, sometimes to repair other times it just finds a home. We are in the process of building a new shop/barn to hold the "collection".

I have a few blogs, all have sadly been neglected. Might need to revive them.

Aaron

Tim said...

Thanks to you both for commenting! Aaron, I do have my mother's old 1950ish Singer and the table for it, both in desperate need of restoration. I don't think I'm ready to go beyond just the one yet though! They are fascinating machines.

sansuey said...

Looking forward to reading your posts!