Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lots to learn, but...

... so far I'm really enjoying this new DSLR!

For about a decade now, I've owned a variety of different point-and-shoot digital cameras, and I've gotten some really nice photos from them. But I've been hankering for a camera with interchangeable lenses and more complete, direct control over the exposure settings. Most of the point-and-shoots I've owned give you some control, but it usually involves sifting through a series of menus to get what you want. Not all that convenient, and in many cases, by the time things are set, the photo opportunity is gone.

Not so with the new Nikon. There's all manner of adjustments I can make, and they're all right at hand, easy to access. It's very, very cool. Now I just need to figure out how to take advantage of all this capability!

I went for a walk yesterday, camera in hand, and got some more practice.  The photo above is one I particularly like. It's the same tree stump you see below, but up close.



More photos are here:

Vienna, VA, 10-21-2011 D3100

1 comment:

Rootchopper said...

Tim
Good talking to you today. A camera is only good if you have it out ready to shoot which explains why I missed a shot of a young buck not ten feet from the W&OD shortly after leaving B@V. He had a pretty good rack on him too.