Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Next President is Barack Obama!

I've stayed away from any political discussion on my blog (well, honestly, I haven't written much at all lately), but tonight I have to say, I'm really happy to see that Barack Obama is going to be our next president! It's an amazing, historic moment, for all Americans. And the fact that he won by a big margin in some really important races is a relief. I was afraid this was going to be another hairs-breadth election, with disputed results and the resulting rancor and chaos. Nope, this time we have a clear winner, and a good one for this time and place, in my opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Virginia:

Congratulations.

Love, Oregon

Tim said...

I have to admit, as a life-long Democrat, it's pretty cool to know that as a resident of Virginia, I was a small part of this being the first time since 1964 that VA went for a Democratic presidential candidate. Mildly interesting coincidence... that was LBJ, the earliest president I have any memory of.