Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Family

Yesterday, I found a bit of family history in my attic, and passed on the news to my siblings and my mom, which has lead to a bit of shared hilarity for us all. Nothing spectacular, just one of those funny little inside jokes that families have sometimes.

But it got me to thinking about my family, and how lucky I am to have them. I'm the youngest of five, a big family by today's standards, but pretty normal back when we were all born. The picture to the left was taken at my first Thanksgiving... that's me in white, being held by my mom. Her sister is to the left there, and her mom, my grandmother (or "Nana" in our family) is right in the middle of the picture. The other boy, in red, is my brother Stephen, the oldest, with the next oldest, Janet, right next to him. The girl with the big grin is Nancy, the middle kid who pretty much always has a big grin, even to this day. And down in front there, eyeing something on the table, is Louise, my youngest sister, four years older than me.

At some point I might write more detail about them all, but today I was just thinking what a fun and wonderful bunch they all are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.