Friday, October 28, 2011

Some things never change

Just a short post, but I had to share this...

I was walking from the store to the post office, when I saw a mom and her two little boys getting out of their car to go shopping. As the mom was getting them all sorted out to go in the store, one of the boys pointed down the street and excitedly shouted "A fire engine!!!!!" Mom then told the boys to go over to an empty spot between parked cars so they could "say hi".  As the fire engine approached, the boys excitedly stood at the curb and waved.

How well I remember doing the same thing, many, many years ago. And I think every little boy has that period when there are few things more exciting than a fire truck roaring down the street.

Kinda makes me want to stand at the curb and wait for the next one, you know?

2 comments:

Rootchopper said...

My son's first words were "school bus". Or "skoobus". Big colorful things in motion. Can't beat 'em.

bikelovejones said...

When I was a kid, I used to love to ride my bike to construction sites and watch the massive earth-movers, backhoes and dumptrucks at work. I loved the big yellow machines and the terriffic noise they made.