Thursday, April 5, 2007

Unintended messages

04-05-07_0850 copy.jpg
04-05-07_0850 copy.jpg,
originally uploaded by frickercycle.
Well, today I had one of those "am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?" moments.

I was behind a Metrobus, pulling out of a Metro rail station, and saw the advertisement on the back. They have a whole series of ads now about "negligent driving"... this one was SUPPOSED to say:

"Hey Slick! Check your email at work.
NEGLIGENT DRIVING KILLS"

However, as you may be able to see in the photo (taken while we were stopped!), the ad was torn partly away, removing the "NEGLIGENT" part. When I looked more closely, I discovered that under this ad was a previous one, only one word of which was visible... the word "my".... Producing a message that said "My DRIVING KILLS"... Not the kind of message a Metrobus driver really wants to send... especially in light of some recent incidents involving Metro buses and fatalities.

i hope somebody at Metro notices this and fixes it... it's a really unfortunate quirk of fate or something.

No comments: